My New Responsibility in 2024

Today i have started my journey from  Chitrakoot to Lucknow from Jabalpur to Lucknow express train no 15206 to attend the meeting in Bangalore. My Seat was reserved into 2nd AC compartment with Seat no 37. I found my bogey and trying to open the door but somehow both doors were blocked by inside. I came towards the A1 bogey along with 2 unknown passengers having the same issue. I boarded there and come to my allotted bogey and found my seat. Just going to Lucknow to catch my flight to Bangalore. 

I have not slept today because of some rituals at my home for my father late. Shri Puni Prasad. My family along with me have completed pitra milan samaroh now I have another responsibility to wish my father and provide water and some other formalities in these days kmow as Pitra paksh at my area. I am younger son so have to take this responsibility with my office and family responsibilities. This day i will never forget when i lost my father on tithi 4 Generally 30 Nov 2023. 

My assumptions is that everything this is our responsibility and have to take this and try to fulfill the overall growth like family, office, kids and all. 

I am so happy to miss him and same day i am more excited to meet my office colleagues after 5 Years.

About Pitra Paksh-

Pitra Paksh, also known as Shradh or Pitru Paksha, is a significant period in Hindu tradition dedicated to honoring and paying respects to ancestors. It typically lasts for 15 days, during the waning phase of the lunar month of Bhadrapada (usually in September). During this time, Hindus perform rituals and offer food to their deceased forebears to ensure their souls attain peace and blessings for their living descendants.

The rituals include offering pindas (rice balls) and water (tarpan) to the ancestors, often conducted by the male members of the family. It is believed that during this period, the souls of the ancestors descend to the earth to receive offerings and blessings from their descendants. Observing Pitra Paksh is considered essential for fulfilling one's duties toward the departed family members and maintaining harmony and prosperity within the family.

What to do in these days?

During Pitra Paksh, the primary responsibility is to honor and appease the souls of deceased ancestors through various rituals and offerings. The key duties include:

1. **Performing Shradh Rituals:** The main responsibility is to conduct the Shradh ceremony, which involves offering food, water (tarpan), and pindas (rice balls mixed with sesame seeds) to the ancestors. These rituals are typically performed by the eldest male member of the family.

2. **Offering Tarpan:** Tarpan is the act of offering water mixed with black sesame seeds, barley, and kusha grass to the ancestors. It is believed to quench the thirst of the departed souls and provide them solace.

3. **Feeding Brahmins and the Needy:** It is customary to invite Brahmins and offer them food and donations. Feeding the poor and needy is also considered a virtuous act during this period.

4. **Observing Fasting and Austerity:** Some people observe fasting, refrain from eating non-vegetarian food, and avoid certain activities like cutting hair and nails, as a mark of respect to the ancestors.

5. **Avoiding Auspicious Activities:** It is generally advised to avoid conducting any auspicious events like weddings, housewarming ceremonies, or starting new ventures during Pitra Paksh, as it is a time dedicated to remembering and mourning the departed souls.

Fulfilling these responsibilities is believed to bring peace to the souls of ancestors and blessings to the family, ensuring their protection and prosperity.

Post a Comment

If you have any doubt, Questions and query please leave your comments

Previous Post Next Post